Physiotherapy increases the effectiveness of drugs, consolidates the results of treatment and helps to restore tissue and cell immunity of the prostate.Procedures in medical institutions are performed using professional devices with different modes of operation..The device for the treatment of prostatitis at home can be used only with permission and under the periodic supervision of a doctor.
Types of devices and their working principles
Types of physiotherapeutic tools used in the treatment of prostatitis:
- Electromyostimulating (causes muscle contraction);
- vibration stimulator (massage);
The most functional and effective devices are devices with a combined type of action.
Contraindicationsto apparatus physiotherapy for prostatitis:
- Individual intolerance. The patient may experience groin pain, rashes and skin irritation.
- Malignant tumors.
- Active tuberculosis.
- Blood coagulation disorders.
- Stones in the prostate gland (calculous prostatitis).
- The presence of purulent foci (purulent focal prostatitis).
In acute prostatitis, heating of the gland is unacceptable, so devices that apply heat are not used.
Electrical stimulation devices
Electrical stimulation of muscles is carried out by affecting motor nerves with pulsed currents passing between electrodes. The impulses are similar to the impulses that the body itself creates to stimulate the nerve fibers.Therapeutic effect for prostatitis:
- Local blood circulation and metabolic processes are activated;
- Lymph flow improves, venous congestion is eliminated;
- The regeneration of damaged tissues is stimulated;
- The sensitivity of nerve endings is regulated;
- Prostate swelling decreases;
- The muscular framework of the pelvic floor is strengthened;
- The processes of atrophy and sclerosis caused by chronic inflammation in the prostate tissue are inhibited;
- Benign neoplasms up to 0. 5 cm in diameter are dissected.
When performing the procedure, two points are important: the correct position of the electrodes and the current strength.
Different types of electrical stimulation of the prostate
Stimulation of the prostate is carried out in three ways(depending on the accessories included in the device):
- Through the urethra. One catheter electrode (cavitary electrode) is inserted into the urethra, and the other (copper plate with a hydrophilic coating) is placed in the coccyx.
- Transrectal. A thin electrode attachment is inserted into the rectum and a second electrode is placed on the pubis. This method is the most effective and convenient.
- Through the skin of the perineum. Electrodes are placed in the area between the anus and the scrotum.
The procedure is performed lying on your side or back with your legs pulled up. The sensations during electrical stimulation are unpleasant but tolerable. Current power is selected individually in the device. The duration of the procedure is from 7 to 17 minutes. Usually 10-15 sessions are prescribed.
As for the effectiveness, in 86% of patients after the course pain in the prostate is significantly reduced, urination is normalized and erection is improved.. The procedures are indispensable for the treatment of chronic prostatitis caused by stagnant processes and accompanied by weakening of the muscles of the gland.
Magnetic field generators
Magnetotherapy is the effect on tissue of a fixed or alternating magnetic field (continuous or pulsed radiation) created by a special device. This technique is officially recognized in our country, but not in the United States and some other countries.
The proposed mechanism of action of the magnetic field: electric currents are generated in tissues that change the direction of molecules of biological fluids and the speed of biochemical reactions. Prostate effect:
- Reduce swelling and pain;
- Improved blood circulation;
- Acceleration of healing of inflammatory lesions.
The duration of exposure depends on the power of the device and the condition of the patient. There are no unpleasant sensations during the procedure.
Vibrating stimulation of the prostate is one of the types of massage effects with the aim of activating blood flow and stimulating the discharge of secretions from the ducts. There are many types of devices, the essence is the same:A nozzle is inserted into the anus, which vibrates when you press a button. Vibration stimulation is a good way to support prostate healthin the absence of regular intercourse.
The procedure lasts an average of 5 minutes.The feeling is quite pleasant, some men reach orgasm. After the procedure, prostate juice may come out of the urethra (if it becomes stagnant, it comes out as jelly-like clots). Contraindications are acute inflammation of the prostate, the presence of any neoplasm in the body.
Physiotherapy devices generate ultrasound waves with a frequency of 800 to 3000 kHz, causing particles to vibrate (cell micromassage). The shock is carried out in constant or pulse modes.The effect of ultrasound on prostate tissue:
- Improving the condition of cell walls, increasing vascular permeability (therefore, the procedure is not performed in case of acute inflammation of the prostate with the formation of pockets of infected fluid).
- Stimulation of biochemical processes (fermentation, oxidation) and tissue respiration.
- An increase in the number of nucleic acids that perform a large number of important functions for the life support of cells.
- Eliminates spasms, facilitates urination.
- Prevention of scarring in the body of the prostate (ultrasound breaks down collagen into individual fibers).
- Blocking pain impulses.
- Increased activity of cellular defense mechanisms.
For prostatitisultrasound is used as a vehicle for medicinal substances(hydrocortisone, antibiotics)to prostate tissue- rectal and urethral phonophoresis. To perform the procedure, the patient should take the knee-elbow position. First, you need to rinse the rectum with a rubber bulb. The rectal emitter is inserted to a depth of 8-10 cm. Emulsified drugs are delivered directly through it. With urethral phonophoresis, the therapeutic solution is delivered to a radiator inserted into the urethra. The emission head is pre-lubricated with a contact substance. The procedure takes 15-20 minutes. For prostatitis, 6-8 sessions are performed per day.
Ultrasound examination is recommended in cases of scar tissue changes, parenchymal prostatitis (with purulent discharge). Optimal results are obtained when exposed to waves with a power of 0. 3-0. 4 W/cm.2in pulse mode. An increase in strength can cause urinary disorders and exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
A laser is a device for creating a concentrated stream of light particles. Photons of light penetrate through the skin into the prostate tissue and are distributed throughout the bloodstream. In fact, the effect is similar to treatment with a blue lamp, but infrared radiation has a greater penetrating power and does not have a warming effect.Under the influence of the beam, blood circulation in the prostate tissue is activated, pain and swelling are reduced..
Irradiation is carried out by contact or non-contact method. Types of emitters: rectal, transdermal and acupuncture (points on the chest, forehead, lower back, sacrum are illuminated). The intrarectal procedure lasts up to two minutes. The course will require about 10 radiations. In most patients, prostate pain disappears after the second session..
Popular household appliances for household use
Home portable devices for the treatment of prostatitis are usually less functional than professional ones, but are quite suitable for maintenance therapy and prevention.. You can buy them in pharmacies or on the websites of manufacturers.
It should be noted that the use of household appliances implies their regular hygienic maintenance. Rectal sensors should be washed with soap and disinfected with chlorhexidine solution. It is advisable to put a condom on them before use.
A device with electrodes
It consists of a control unit with two fixed electrodes: a physiotherapeutic one inserted into the rectum and a passive one fixed in the lower abdomen.
The prostate acts in three directions:
- Stimulation with impulse currents to improve blood circulation.
- Massage with low-frequency mechanical vibration to activate venous flow, dilate arteries and increase gland nutrition.
- Irradiation with a magnetic field to eliminate swelling and inflammation.
All modes of this device can be used separately.
Darsonval is a class of devices that generate low-power and high-frequency currents. Externally, it looks like electric toothbrushes.
Special electrode attachments are provided to treat different areas. For prostatitis, a large or small rectal is used, which can be purchased separately and is inexpensive.
The device consists of a power supply unit to which a strip of four magnetic emitters (inductive coils) is connected. No rectal probe.
The working magnetic field penetrates to a depth of 8 cm, so coils can be placed both on the abdomen and perineum (from the scrotum to the anus) to affect the prostate.
Thermal, vibration device
Provides heat, vibration and magnetic (pulse field) effects on the prostate gland. It consists of a wave generator and a rectal probe. The device has only one button ("start") and two indicator lights.
Urological device for electromagnetic influence. It consists of a lightweight control unit with an anatomically shaped rectal probe. It has a combined effect on the prostate gland:
- Radiation with magnetic waves;
- Vibration (massage).
The device works with vacuum and moving magnetic waves. It consists of a control unit and a vacuum chamber in which the penis is placed. The procedures effectively activate blood flow in the penis and prostate.
The device operates in two-minute cycles, during which the pressure inside the flask alternately increases and decreases. It has anti-edema, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
A portable vibro-acoustic device consisting of a control unit and two emitters. According to the manufacturer, the vibration of capillary walls increases under the influence of waves, which helps to activate lymph and blood circulation.
For physiotherapy rooms
In ambulatory conditions, physiotherapeutic effects on the prostate are carried out using professional multifunctional devices. They are several times more expensive than those made at home, but the results are noticeable only after a few procedures.
High frequency electromagnetic device
A device for physiotherapy that uses a high-frequency electromagnetic field (microwave decimeter waves). All necessary registration documents, reviews and certificates are there. The package includes several emitters, including rectal.
Laser physiotherapy complex
Laser physiotherapeutic complex - a device for vibration-laser-magnetic therapy (VLMT),designed for professional use in medical institutions. Equipment:
- Base unit (three-channel).
- Vibromagnetic laser head.
- Three laser heads.
- A set of noses.
- A book on laser therapy in urology.
- A device for vacuum massage with a flask and a laser beam head (for the treatment of erectile dysfunction using LOD therapy).
Electrolaser devicehas a threefold effect on the prostate:
- Irradiation with four-wave laser radiation (red, infrared types IR-1, IR-2).
- Stimulation with electrical bipolar pulses (drug electrophoresis, transcutaneous electrical neurostimulation).
- Magnetic wave radiation (the kit includes a mirror attachment for percutaneous treatment of the prostate).
Equipped with transrectal and urethral probes. The shock parameters are selected individually, the waves are synchronized with the patient's pulse. The device is controlled from a computer or remote control.
Vacuum phototherapy apparatus
The device is a vacuum phototherapeutic penis massager.Designed to improve trophism (blood flow rate and metabolic processes) in the penis and prostate.. It belongs to the professional class, but it can also be used at home. It works in two ways:
- Local decompression (expansion of the veins of the penis due to the vacuum created in the flask);
- Irradiation with an LED matrix (phototherapy, quasi-monochromatic radiation).
The device is compatible with a PC, has 15 built-in programs, but you can simulate individual programs.
Hardware and software complex
Professional hardware and software complex, with its helpit is possible to affect the body with electricity, laser, magnetic and color pulse radiation. For prostate irradiation, a rectal magnetic laser intracavitary emitter with electrical stimulation function and a plate electrode placed in the lower abdomen are provided.
The device is mass-produced, used by medical institutions and takes a leading position in the rating of physiotherapeutic medical devices.
Light therapy lamp
The lamp is a device for conducting light therapy sessions. The device is available in various modifications.Polarized polychromatic light has a gentle effect on prostate tissue, activates biological processes and stimulates their regeneration (light affects intracellular molecules). Procedures relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
The course of the procedure: the light of the lamp is directed to the area under the abdomen, first cleaned with a special liquid, then to the perineum. Exposure time is 5 minutes. There may be several hot spots. 10 sessions are enough to permanently eliminate the symptoms of prostatitis.
Various sources have advertisements for devices without certificates, and it is very difficult to find information about the manufacturer. Numerous dealers pretend to be manufacturers and prices vary widely. In particular, some of them are not in the registry.
Physiotherapy devices for the treatment of prostatitis are not cheap.You need to buy products from manufacturers who do not hide their relationships, place scanned certificates on devices and provide a warranty.
Physiotherapy tools do not replace drug treatment, but complement it. Home sessions should be conducted strictly according to the instructions, without fanaticism. Otherwise, you can cause exacerbation of prostatitis. You shouldn't expect much from household appliances. Manufacturers often hedge by limiting exposure strength. For example, not all laser devices use a laser. In most cases, they have been replaced by cheap LED emitters. The result of the procedures also depends on the patient's condition, age and even psychological state.